i spend almost all day in front of my computer, from about 9am to 5ish, sometimes later. i work and attend school on this computer. well, actually soon i'll be working on that computer (points about 20 inches to her right) but whatever. so i'll be here all day, writing and thinking and working on two finals that are due by this sunday. i'm basically done with both of them, but i'm an editing whore and can't leave well enough alone.
- have you ever noticed that your friend count on facebook is one less than it was yesterday? and then do you scroll through all of your friends and try to figure out who left you, and what you did to make them unfriend you? this drives me nuts. i was at 130 just a couple of days ago, and today i have 129 and i have NO IDEA who unfriended me and it's driving me batty.
- does cooler weather make cats fucking nuts? it's in the high 60s this morning in central florida, and i have all the windows open (i'm also wearing a sweater). so the house is at 66 degrees according to my thermostat. piglet and samantha are LOSING THEIR FUCKING MINDS. they are zooming around, tails all puffed up, hiding behind things and pouncing on each other. i mean, they play sometimes, but this is crazy. UPDATE: it's almost two hours later, and they're still doing it. i'm flabbergasted.
- it's only 13 days until the new harry potter movie comes out, and i may piss myself at any moment with excitement. i tear up everfuckingtime i see a trailer because i know who dies in the first 78 pages of the book. i will need tissues like woah. also, i will soon embark on my tradition of rereading every harry potter book in order before a new movie comes out. that's right, i'll complete all 7 books in the next 13 days. i'm a super fast reader.
- the facilitator for my general studies class posted a question about what our biggest motivator is. everyone is like 'my kids' or 'my mentally handicapped sister, who i've had to take care of since our mom was a drug addict' (not kidding on that one) and i haven't answered the question because i can't say 'my cats are the single biggest motivation in obtaining my degree'. i really cannot say that. plus, i don't even know that i want to be a teacher. which is ironic, since i'm going for an associates degree in education. i really want to do this for me. people i cared about told me i'd never amount to anything more than a crazy, lying, stealing, addict. and i believed them for a long time. i'm doing this for ME. because i want to prove to myself that i'm none of those things. and since i'll have the degree, i think i might want to get involved with either the girl scouts or a program for gifted children. maybe. but mostly, i want to say i have a degree.
- now i'm shoveling reheated baked ziti in my face while trying not to reread my paper on the history of body piercing for the billionth time. i have just asked facebook at large if someone will please proofread for me. i have to stop obsessing over it, but i can't. it's my first college level paper and i'm completely terrified by it.
- i have to load this ubuntu thing on my pc for my new job. and it wasn't working the way i thought it would. and it took too long. and then i tried to start doing my pre-work for the training i start on monday and i can't find a bunch of it online and no one is answering my emails. damn it.
- mom leaves for new york again on monday. and will be back on wednesday. she has another job interview. once she gets a job, she'll move to new york and live with my dad, her ex-husband for a few weeks. hahaha. then mom and my brother will get an apartment to share for a while, until we sell this house and are ready to move to new york. which hopefully will happen soon.