Wednesday, May 18, 2011

ashland, va

hi.

i'm in ashland, va.  in a days inn.  with awesome husband and four cats.  all of whom are traumatized to some level.

there is also a SWEET ASS jacuzzi tub.  that doesn't work. 

hmph.

on the plus side, the gal at the desk said she wouldn't charge the $10 per cat 'pet fee'.  and the guy that was trying to check in before i got there left behind a coupon.  so a room that i originally thought would cost me a benjamin cost me $52.

so we drove like 750ish miles today from 7am to 7:40pm.  stopped for gas three times, coffee once, bathrooms twice, and food twice.

there's so much more.  like photos of our 10 linear feet of space on the truck MAXED OUT and all the shit we ended up leaving behind because i can't estimate space worth shit.  i mean, even the room in the car.  i underestimated that.  A LOT.  and we've had this car for like well over 5 years.  and moved to florida with it twice (once for us, once for mom).  so you'd think i'd have like figure it out by now.

nope.

on the plus side, no one can see the shit i have stashed in my car, like computers and televisions and shit like that.  so hopefully no one will break in and try to steal anything. 

my mom's in there too.  yup.  so i guess she's like, guarding it.

2 comments:

  1. Wishing you the best of luck on your move. And oh my God traveling with four cats! Hats off to you.

    God I miss roadtripping. It's the best :)

    I realize that not under your circumstances... But still.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh. You are not instilling confidence in me. My great migration happens in t-minus two days...

    ReplyDelete